Monday, March 11, 2013

Thread & Bobbin Poesy


I purchased Thread & Bobbin about 2 years ago when I got back into regular sewing (as opposed to just corset sewing, which is on-going, but is a somewhat different skill-set.)
The projects are cute and can be made up from scraps.  I started this flower ages ago and just completed it this am.  I added some decorative stitches to the petals, but am not pleased with how that looks as it made the flower unduly complicated-looking and stiff.   If I were to made this flower again, I’d leave off the decorative stitching (the book does not call for it) and get it done in an hour instead of 1.5 years, but that’s just the thing: I’m somewhat underwhelmed by this poesy and have been all along.   When I lined all the assembled parts up, I shoved it in a bag instead of completing it.




I sometimes can improve on a project by added structure or stitches, but this flower is what it is.  The petals are tightly curved and proved difficult in getting each one shaped near to the last, which adds to the organic feel, but subtracts from the precision I’m currently looking for in my work.  And that, my friends, it the real reason it got shoved in a bag.  Looking at the pictures, I'm beginning to like it as an accessory.

Project: Done.




No comments: